All account fundings are considered to be purchases of QuadrigaCX Bucks. These are units that are used for the purposes of purchasing Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. QuadrigaCX Bucks are NOT Canadian Dollars. Any notation of $, CAD, or USD refers to an equivalent unit in QuadrigaCX Bucks, which exist for the sole purpose of buying and selling Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
QuadrigaCX is NOT a financial institution, bank, credit union, trust, or deposit business. We DO NOT take Deposits. We exist solely for the purposes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
submitted by GTE_IO to u/GTE_IO [link] [comments]
2017 was the golden era of token sales, with cryptocurrency projects routinely raising tens of millions of dollars as investors were frantically searching for “the next Bitcoin”. The market was clearly overheated, and ICOs saw a sharp decline in 2018, both in terms of the number of projects and the amount of money raised, as prices of top cryptocurrencies were subjected to harsh price corrections.
In 2019, we’ve seen the emergence of the IEO model, which has brought some life back to the token sale space. However, IEO projects generally stick to much more conservative funding targets than what we grew accustomed to in the 2017 ICO boom.
With that context in mind, let’s take a look at the 5 biggest token sales in history and briefly describe the situation of each project.
1. EOS (over $4 billion)EOS EOS, -1.71% was the mother of all ICOs, raising over $4 billion in its year-long token sale which lasted from June 26, 2017 to June 1, 2018. The EOS mainnet launched on June 9, 2018.
EOS is a blockchain platform for smart contracts and decentralized applications that is based on a delegated proof-of-stake (DpoS) model. EOS holders stake their tokens to vote for validators, which in turn take care of the network’s consensus process.
So far, gaming and gambling are the most popular use cases for EOS, dominating the list of the most popular EOS DApps maintained by DappRadar.com. We can also find decentralized exchanges and various other DApps such as apps for chatting or receiving compensation for participating surveys.
Block.one, the firm that created the EOS.IO protocol, is currently working on a social media platform called Voice, which will function on top of EOS. In June, Block.one CEO Brandon Blumer said the company invested $150 million into the project.
EOS is currently the 7th largest crypto asset on the market, with a market capitalization of $2.65 billion. The token is changing hands at $2.85, and lost 52% of its value in the last year.
2. Telegram Open Network ($1.7 billion)When rumors started circulating that Telegram was thinking about developing a blockchain network, the entire cryptocurrency space listend. After all, the messaging app is highly popular among cryptocurrency enthusiasts, with Telegram groups being at the core of many communities.
While there were many scammers claiming to give people the opportunity to participate in Telegram’s ICO, Telegram actually only offered the tokens to accredited investors on an invite-only basis. This hardly had an impact on the project’s ability to raise money, as investors poured in a whopping $1.7 billion.
The Telegram Open Network (TON) is not actually live yet, although the project is reportedly expected to go live with its mainnet before October 31. Telegram plans to integrate TON with its messaging application, which has over 200 million active users.
3. Unus Sed Leo ($1 billion)The stunning success of Binance and its Binance Coin BNB, -3.64% token enticed countless exchanges to offer their own tokens, bringing special benefits to traders. While Bitfinex has been in the game for much longer than Binance, the exchange found itself in trouble when it could no longer access funds held on its behalf by a payment processing company called Crypto Capital. According to the New York Attorney General’s office, Bitfinex lost access to $850 million.
In response, Bitfinex decided to launch a token called Unus Sed Leo, offering 1 billion tokens at a price of 1 USDT apiece. The token sale was not open to the public, although anyone can now trade the Bitfinex Leo Token LEO, -0.54% token on supported exchanges.
The ultimate goal for the LEO token is for all the tokens in circulation to be bought back by Bitfinex and burned. Bitfinex uses at least 27% of its monthly revenues for this purpose, and also says it will use a large portion of any funds recovered from Crypto Capital or from the 2016 Bitfinex hack for the same purpose.
LEO is currently the 11th largest cryptocurrency, and retains a market cap of $1.03 billion. The token is currently trading at $1.03, but reached an all-time high at $2 on June 26.
4. TaTaTu ($575 million)The strange name is not the only curious thing about the TaTaTu project. It was founded by Andrea Iervolino, an Italian film producer, and the company says that it raised $575 million in a 2018 sale of TTU tokens. The private sale reportedly included royalty and venture capital firms.
TaTaTu is perhaps best described as a variant of Netflix that uses the TTU token to incentivize both content producers and viewers. TTU tokens can be used to buy advertising or buy products in an online store.
However, it seems that TaTaTu does not have major plans connected to blockchain technology. As part of a CoinDesk report from June, the publication asked TaTaTu if it was a blockchain company. The firm responded:
“Not at all. We have one blockchain component in our system.”According to the report, the project’s pivot away from blockchain has caused conflicts with the project’s early backers and co-founders, who feel that TaTaTu’s current direction does not adhere to the project’s original vision.
5. Filecoin ($257 million)Filecoin raised $257 million through selling future rights to FIL tokens in 2017. The project is creating a decentralized network that allows users to rent out excess storage and receive tokens in return.
Despite the huge token sale, Filecoin is not live yet. However, the team has recently announced estimated dates for the launch of both the Filecoin testnet and mainnet. If everything goes according to plan, we can expect the Filecoin testnet in December of 2019 and the mainnet in March of 2020.
Welcome!I would like to warmly welcome everyone to waltonchain
This is an updated, extended community-written post and I will try to update it regularly over time.
As for the phase 1.0 of the project, the team has developed the clothing system integration scheme based on RFID. The application scenarios at phase 1.0 will establish Golden demonstration template
At phase 2.0, our RFID beacon chip will be massproduced and can be used in clothing, B2C retail and logistics.
At phase 3.0, manufacturers will achieve traceable customization of intelligent packaging.
At the project phase 4.0, with the upgrading and iteration of assets information collection hardware and improvement of blockchain data structure, all assets can be registered in Waltonchain in the future.
Please note that before the token swap,
DO NOT transfer your ERC20 WTC tokens to the WTC wallet!!
Waltonchain (HK) Development Co. Ltd. (Head company)Walton Chain Technology Co. Ltd. (Korea)
Silicon (Shenzhen) Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.
Silicon (Xiamen) Electronic Technology Co.Ltd. (RFID Chip Research)
Silicon (Quanzhou) Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.(IoT Intelligent Switch Chip)
Nanjing Sleewa Information Technology Co. Ltd. (Blockchain)
Quanzhou KEDIHENG Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
Xiamen IOT Technology Co. Ltd.
|Rate (per day)||33.49||2014.59|
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
|Exchange||Segwit Status||Batching Status|
|SegWit Enabled Wallets||Wallet Type|
|Ledger Nano S||Hardware|
Bitcoin still generated a positive return for investors in May despite a lull trading range. Binance Futures reported volume growth for the fourth consecutive month, $137 billion in volume, 37% higher than the previous month. Post-halving trading volumes declined as Bitcoin prices consolidated in a narrow range. Binance was originally founded in China, but moved to Japan in late 2017 and had offices in Taiwan by March 2018. Shortly thereafter, Binance announced a move to Malta to open a fiat-to-crypto ... By CCN.com: Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao — who is still reeling after a $54 million bitcoin hack — is suing Sequoia Capital China, a unit of California-based venture capital firm Sequoia Capital.. In his May 20 legal filing with the High Court in Hong Kong, Zhao claims Sequoia Capital China prevented him from raising capital between Dec. 27, 2017 and March 1, 2018 at the height of the ... Binance was originally founded in China, but moved to Japan in late 2017 and had offices in Taiwan by March 2018. Shortly thereafter, Binance announced a move to Malta to open a fiat-to-crypto ... Binance Launchpool, a new initiative designed to bring the decentralized finance (DeFi) experience to Binance users and where users are able to acquire new token rewards in return for staking, today announced its new project - Hard Protocol. Trade over 40 cryptocurrencies and enjoy the lowest trading fees in America. Bitcoin – en cryptobeleggers. Op de poll is 11.397 keer gestemd, waarbij 45% aangeeft dat men in 2017 hun eerste bitcoin of andere cryptovaluta kocht. Tijdens of vlak voor het voorlopige hoogtepunt van de markt. When did you make your first-ever #crypto trade? — Binance (@binance) March 5, 2020 Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, was launched in 2017. Its founders are Changpeng Zhao and Yi He. Binance is headquartered in Malta. Discover historical prices for BTC-USD stock on Yahoo Finance. View daily, weekly or monthly format back to when Bitcoin USD stock was issued. On average, these “0.8+ correlation periods” lasted for durations of about 39 days, with an average maximum correlation of 0.901. The most recent “peak correlation period” lasted 90 days until March 14, the longest such period in crypto-history. Within this period, the composite altcoin correlation with Bitcoin also hit an all-time high (13 Mar 2018).
[index]          
- Nadat #bitcoin (BTC) eind 2017 de $20.000 wist te bereiken, wachtten veel traders en HODL‘ers tot bitcoin opnieuw dit prijsniveau bereikt. Na de crypto winter is de koers ver teruggezakt, maar ... Published on Dec 19, 2017. Hey guys! Ripple is now the 4th cryptocurrency. Most importantly, it is super cheap! So i decided to make a video on how to get some of these Ripple coins. This coinbase ... 1000 Trades on Binance in 11 days. Profit Trailer Software. Can this work in a bear market ? 🚀🚀🚀 Profit Trailer Software. Can this work in a bear market ? 🚀🚀🚀 - Duration: 11:27. #bitcoin #bitcoinprice #bitcoinlive-----Risk Disclaimer There is considerable risk in bitcoin, altcoin or world market trading, and may not be suitable for all investors. Any trading involves ... Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange based in China created in July of 2017, currently (as of 28 Dec 2017) Largest in the world Useful links Sign up Coinbase with my referral code https://www ... Crypto Arbitrage 101 - Bitcoin Python Binance Crypto Trading Bot - Ch 5.15 ... Marc Zwygart 231,675 views. 8:09. Bitcoin Price Analysis and 2019 Price Predictions - Duration: 7:35. Blockchain ... #bitcoin #twitter #crypto #interest #stockmarket #recession #bearmarket #bullmarket #davincij15 #mmcrypto #btc #bitcoinprice #bitcointoday #crash #economy #inflation #ecb #fed #federalreserve # ... Merci de supporter la chaine avec un don ou si vous vous enregistrez au exchanges ou wallets par ces liens de parrainage: Navigateur Brave (permet de recevoi... One fundamental metric just reached levels not seen since just before the intense 2017 Bitcoin rally up to $20,000. Binance has completed its biggest platform upgrade in two years, it’s getting ... Bitcoin legt eine Aufwärtsbewegung hin und wichtige News! 💰 $60 ByBit Bonus: https://www.bybit.com/app/register?affiliate_id=1873&language=en&group_id=466&gr...